This is an easy and quick guide to set up your first FPV racing drone or an FPV quadcopter. I am using QAV-R 220 Carbon fiber frame to take you through the entire blog. The general practice which beginners do for first FPV racing drone is to take a DIY kit assemble it and get hands on it. Here I use the different part assembled it and make it as per my requirement as I have good experience of 3+ years on this RC/Aeromodelling field. So let’s start with the tutorial. The advantage to chose different part is will get better maneuverability and is good for freestyle flying.
Component I used in my FPV racing drone
list of component I chose as per my requirement and availability.
- 1 x QAV-R 220 CF Cross Racing Frame with a 4mm arm. (Buy: Link1 Link2 Link3 )
- 4 x Spedix 30A High Voltage ESC with BLHeli_S (Buy Link1 Link2 )
- 4 x EMAX RS2205S 2300KV Racing Edition Set (Buy Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5)
- 1 x DYS F4 Pro Flight Controller (Buy: Link1 Link2 )
- 1 x Frsky Taranis Q X7 Transmitter (Buy: Link1 Link2 )
- 1 x Foxeer HS1177 600TVL FPV Camera (Buy: Link1 Link2 )
- 1 x 5.8 GHz FPV Transmitter (Buy: Link1 Link2 )
- 1 x 5.8 GHz FPV Receiver/ Goggles (Buy: Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 )
- 1 x LiPo Charger (Buy: Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4)
- 1 x 1500/1300 mAh 70-90C 4s LiPo Battery (Buy: Link1 Link2 Link3 ) (as per your use you can change the quantity) (some of the internationl seller not ship lipo to some country see the list)
Instead of separate motor and ESC, you can use its combo set too. Furibee Motor Esc Combo
Detailed build step of building FPV Drone
Step 1. Assembling
Assemble the FPV Racing Drone Frame, mount the motor and ESC and then Flight Controller.
Step 2. Motor to ESC Connection
Step 3. ESC Connection with Flight Controller
Step 4. Camera -> FC -> VTx
Connect your FPV Camera to FC if you have functionality else connect it with VTx.
Step 5. Connect your Rx to your FC
Now connect the remaining thig and watch the below video to configure fc.
Now your FPV Racing drone is ready to fly. enjoy it.
If you want to mount the action camera on this drone and need mount find out its design on my other post click here