This post is for the review of QQ Thunder Super Flight Controller (FC). And glad to inform you that it is a positive review for this from my side. I tried it with my X4 Quadcopter with S500 frame and it works well. During placing the order for Thunder QQ Super Flight controller I rethink on my decision for twice and thrice but I finally I did. Before going to set up let have a look at Thunder QQ Super Flight Controller.
About Thunder QQ Super Flight Controller:
QQ Thunder Vs. KK Pro
Configure QQ Thunder Super Flight Controller for X-4 Quadcopter:
1: Know QQ Thunder FC
2: Chose Your Multirotor Configuration
3: Configure DIP Switch on QQ Thunder FC for X4 Quadcopter
4: Chose Transmitter Mode on Tx
Generally, flyers chose either Mode 2 or Mode 4.
Here Further steps are according to Mode 2.
Note that all trimmers are in center position.
5: Calibrate all ESC’s
- Turn OFF all thing i.e. Transmitter and Controller
- Connect Any 1 ESC to 3 channel of the receiver.
- Put Throttle stick to 100% and Power on the Transmitter.
- Connect Battery to the ESC and wait till beep with fix interval not come from the motor.
- Once beep with fix interval come from the motor put Throttle stick to 0%.
- Repeat this process for all ESC.
- Connect ESC according to chosen configuration from step 2.
6: Wiring Connection Between QQ Thunder Super Flight Controller and Standard Receiver
7: Gain Setting in QQ Thunder Flight Controller
“Sensitivity increases by clockwise and decreases by counterclockwise. For first time fly, we suggest sensitivity being middle and adjust depends on your demand during flight.” Quoted Text is as per QQ Thunder Super Flight Controller manual.
I set it in between 25% to 35% as per my frame (S500), Motor configuration and Propeller Size. So I will suggest you, to set it in between 25% to 50% will work for you.
Note in image gain know is not perfect image is for refrence only set gain knob in between 25% to 50%.
8: Sensor Calibration
After following all above step you need to set sensor for calibration. After this step, your X4 Quadcopter will ready to fly.
Below is Stik Operation Instruction.
- Put Throttle stick to zero position.
- Turn on Transmitter.
- Put Quadcopter in Flat Surface.
- Turn on Quadcopter.
- Wait till constant Green light on QQ Thunder FC.
- Put throttle stick to left top corner and hold it.
- Now the green light is off means sensor are in calibration mode. (hold throttle stick do not release it)
- Now after few seconds Greenlight will flash off means sensor calibration is done.
- Release the throttle stick.
Now you are almost ready to Fly.
9: Arm and Disarm of Quadcopter
As shown different stick position for different operation below is some useful operation to fly a Quadcopter.
By taking throttle stick to right bottom corner. The quadcopter is the arm and ready to fly. In Arm mode, the motor will spin with the very low speed which is the indicator of the arm. As per manual motor is in unlock condition which means it will rotate according to give input from the transmitter.
By taking throttle stick to left bottom corner. The quadcopter is disarmed and not ready to fly. In Disarm mode, the motor will not spin. As per manual motor is in lock condition which means it will not rotate according to give input from the transmitter.
Above all step is performed one time only now from the second flight you need to follow step 9 only for Arming and Disarming of Quadcopter for safety purpose.
QQ Thunder Super Flight Controller Manual Page 1.
QQ Thunder Super Flight Controller Manual Page 2.
X4 Quadcopter with QQ Thunder Super Flight Controller and S500 frame Test flight video.
Subscribe on YouTube.
For Any query contact me: